Thursday, October 7, 2010

Professor Crookshank's Traveling Medicine Show!

That's right folks!... after 20 years of being away from the world of Vaudeville and Olde Tyme Medicine chicanery... I have decided to create a completely NEW production based on my hit show 'Prof. Crookshank's Traveling Medicine Show'.
I performed my Medicine Show from 1979 until 1991 in Western Canada at all the Major Exhibitions including The Calgary Stampede, Edmonton's Klondike Days and Regina's Buffalo Days.
Me and my Grandfather Prof.N.P.Lewchuk circa 1982

My first Show poster circa 1981


Me as Prof. Crookshank in 1985
at The Calgary Stampede





This NEW Show will be even BIGGER and fancier and will have MANY NEW PERFORMERS... some LIVE and some entirely Mechanical! I am building this NEW Show as a Victorian Steampunk version of what a Mystical Medicine Show would offer to the public 125 years ago.

This is a HUGE endeavor and I will be starting production on it this November.
And to begin... I am building a large Medicine Show Caravan, with a fold down stage and many secret gadgets to bring it to life!

I have also decided to change the name of my character from Prof. Floyd B.S. Crookshank, to Prof. Vladimir Eisengrimm Esq.
I am doing this because I feel that when I wrote the first Medicine Show over 29 years ago, I was very young and enjoyed the pun in the name Crook-Shank... but NOW feel that the character has grown and should be reflected as the same character as in my production The Paranormal Show... a Shaman and purveyor of Wonderment.

NOTE:- After a few weeks of careful consideration, I have decided to keep the original name of Crookshank in the show. Call it nostalgia, but I feel that I would be doing the character a disservice if I did not use the name that I first came up with... it just makes sense.

This will be a Carnival Diablo Production... and you can expect the same quality and eye-popping entertainment that has gone into my previous productions. The thing I look most forward to at this moment is building the caravan... it will have a life of its own, with mechanical moving parts and strange animatronic levers and gears that will help in the selling of my Amazing Elixir! Plus, I will be unveiling a 19th Century Robot that runs by means of a strange glowing engine that can only be manifested by breaching the 7th Dimension of the Quantum plain! It will make its appearance and bring the ROBOT to life during every show! (more on the ROBOT coming soon!)

The great thing is, Prof. Crookshank's Traveling Medicine Show will be on tour with Carnival Diablo's World of Wonders, the last traveling Freakshow in Canada! And it will be starting its first Tour in the Spring of 2011!!!

I will be writing more about this Amazing endeavor over the next few months... until then, please keep your ear close to the ground...

No comments:

Post a Comment