Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas


Well, here we are just a few days from Christmas and I am enjoying time with my extended family... in a couple of days I will be going with my girl to Calgary to see my family. I just spent the past 5 days with Jess's family and had a wonderful time :) They have been so gracious and have made me feel very welcome. I stayed with Jess at their cabin in Carleton Place and it was a nice feeling being away from the big city for a while. I have never lived in the country, but I can see its appeal for the people that do.

I always enjoy this time of year, the celebration of life and the gathering of good friends always makes me happy. I am sentimental at heart and enjoy the whole ritual of Christmas, the tree, the lights and the music. I am not a religious person, but I am a spiritual one. And I have been lucky to have had a great Christmas pretty well every year of my life. It all started when I was 3 or 4 and we would spend Christmas at my grandparents, they threw an amazing traditional Christmas and hosted an evening that was memorable for everyone involved. The thing I remember most is the laughter and love, the house was filled with both.

This is going to be a very special Christmas, Jess and I will be celebrating in Calgary with my family, and this will be the first time she will be meeting my family.
Everyone is excited to meet her.

Life is good, and 2010 is going to be a magical year filled with New ideas and adventures.

Merry Christmas to you and have a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

sincerely,
Scott McClelland

No comments:

Post a Comment