Friday, December 11, 2009

The Salon Automaton...


WOW!

I just got back from an Amazing show called 'The Salon Automaton' at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre.
What an amazing performance! It was a mix of performance art and robots... yes, you heard me correct, ROBOTS! It was a one person show, starring Nathalie Claude and the ONLY other things on stage was 19th Century looking Automaton's! Three to be precise.

What got my juices flowing was the fact that I was watching a female version of me on stage.
She was crazy, witty and very strange. The automaton's were a real delight to watch also.

I have been working on a few automatons myself over the past 17 years and I am working on integrating a robotic version of Boris- my Nosferatu stage manager, into my show. I have all of the components, I just need to sit down and program what I want him to do and say. The show tonight was truly inspirational.

It is not often I go to theatre and leave inspired.

If I can find the time.... I will try and incorporate Boris into my upcoming 2010 Winter Tour.

(walks down into the laboratory and turns on the machine)






No comments:

Post a Comment